Terms and Conditions
Welcome to www.heathermargaretgrace.co.uk. By using the website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any orders placed by you are bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
By using this site you agree to comply with, and be bound by these terms. We may from time to time change these terms at our discretion. By using this website after any such change(s), you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms as changed.
We have taken great care to ensure that the Items on our website are presented as accurately as possible.
You warrant that the Personal Information that you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and in particular you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
The steps taken to place your order to create a contract of sale between you and us are, as follows:
After you have placed an order through the website we will send you an email confirming your order which will detail the product(s) that you have ordered. This email does not constitute an acceptance of your order by us. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon us sending an email to confirm dispatch of the product(s) ordered. If you wish to cancel or amend an order this can be achieved by contacting us through the website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders will be dispatched within 24hrs if the order is placed between Sunday evening and Thursday Evening on the Standard Delivery option.
ll products prices shown on the Website are without UK VAT which is not applicable at this point.
Delivery to countries such as Australia, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Mainland United States that are outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility (where applicable). If so, the shipping company will contact you by telephone once your Items are in customs to let you know the cost.
Be aware that this may delay your delivery time as goods held at customs will be your responsibility to pay the necessary charges for local authorities to release the goods.
You must provide us with complete and accurate delivery information. This includes not only the address that your order is to be sent, but also the name of the recipient. We cannot be liable for the delivery of your order to the wrong address of the wrong person, as a result of you supplying us with incomplete or inaccurate information.
All parcels will be delivered by us and will require a signature on delivery. Please note that delivery of your order may take longer during sales or other busy periods.
4. Returns and Exchanges
For more information please visit our Returns and Exchanges page.
The item(s) should be returned in perfect condition, with all garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, soiled or returned without their original labels may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
Refunds will be issued back to the credit or debit card which you used to place the order. This will usually appear in your account within 5 days from the point we process your return however this may take up to fourteen 14 days depending on your payment type and card issuer.
5. Intellectual Property
The content of this website is the property of Heather Margaret Grace and is protected by UK and international copyright laws. The Trade Marks used on this website are the unregistered marks of Heather Margaret Grace and are protected by UK and international trade mark laws.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for pour personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
6. Privacy Notice
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information; such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up to our mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers such as the Royal Mail. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
· Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
· Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request. Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.